20 Ways To Trim Wedding Costs
With the average wedding costing just over $30,000, couples are often looking for ways to stay on budget. A wedding should not be something to worry about years later. Instead, start with these simple tips to save money and make your wedding an unforgettable celebration.
1. Keep your guest list small.
2. Consider hosting your event on a Friday or Sunday, and during the morning or daytime.
3. Hold your ceremony and reception at the same venue.
4. Forego the engagement party and morning-after brunch.
5. Opt for an at-home celebration for your bridal party and rehearsal dinner instead of a restaurant.
6. Use the creative services offered by family and friends.
7. Print your invitations at home.
8. Don’t break the bank on your wedding gown.
9. Limit the amount of bridesmaids and groomsmen.
10. Consider doing your own hair and makeup.
11. Keep your tasting crowds to a minimum.
12. Stick to flowers that are in-season, and visit the local wholesale flower market.
13. Select a venue that is flexible with vendor and catering options.
14. Search for a venue that includes amenities such as rentals, wait staff, etc.
15. Consider a buffet style dinner versus a plated dinner.
16. Provide wine, beer and two specialty cocktails; don’t opt for an open bar.
17. Skip the cake and consider small desserts such as cupcakes, cookies and doughnuts.
18. Think about hiring a music student for entertainment purposes, or someone early in their career.
19. Plan your honeymoon a few months after your nuptials for better deals.
20. Sell wedding items and decorations after the event.