21 Questions To Ask A Cake Designer
Whether you want a traditional multi-tiered masterpiece or a sleek geometric work of art, your wedding cake should reflect your personality. So before you begin making appointments to taste every flavor, filling and frosting combo known to man, here are some important questions you need to ask your potential baker to figure out the logistics and technicalities.
1. Do you have my date available?
2. How many wedding cakes do you schedule in one day?
3. How many weddings do you typically do in a year?
4. Do you have a portfolio that I can view?
5. Do you offer custom wedding cakes or do I select from set designs?
6. What are your specialties?
7. If I provide a picture of the style of cake I would like to have, can you recreate it?
8. If I don't have a clear vision of what I would like, can you offer design ideas based on my theme and budget?
9. What kind of cake and filling flavors do you offer?
10. Will the cake be frosted with buttercream or fondant?
11. What types of ingredients do you typically use?
12. How do you price your wedding cakes? By the slice?
13. Is there a minimum cake cost?
14. Are there additional rental fees (cake stand, topper, cake-cutting knife, etc.)?
15. Is there an additional fee for delivery?
16. When do I need to order my cake by?
17. What type of payment schedule do you have in place?
18. Is there an additional charge for a cake-tasting appointment?
19. If the wedding cake gets damaged in transit, what will you do?
20. What is your plan should you fall ill or have an emergency on the day of my event?
21. What is your refund/cancellation policy?