Questions To Ask Your Floral Designer
Roses, peonies, greenery + more! It's easy to overlook the work of floral designers, but they are a vital component when bringing an event to life. They set the mood, add flourishes to the wedding party and provide extra embellishments throughout. The possibilities are endless, so we're here to help you choose a floral designer who can meet your style and budget. To guide you, we put together a list of questions to ask during your initial consultation.
1. Do you have my date available?
2. How long have you been in business?
3. How many other events will you schedule on the same day/weekend as my event?
4. Are you available to do a venue walk-through before the event date?
5. Do you provide sketches or mockups of the arrangements prior to signing the contract?
6. How would you describe your design style (traditional, modern, rustic, etc.)?
7. Do you offer packages or is everything customized?
8. Based on my wedding style, budget and the time of year, what flowers would you recommend?
9. Will you be making the arrangements yourself or will it be another florist?
10. How far in advance will you create the florals for the event? How will they be stored?
11. Do you provide wraps ("collars") for bouquets, boutonnieres, etc.?
12. What other decor elements do you provide (aisle runner, votives, mirrors, etc.)? How will these items affect the overall cost?
13. Can you assist with the preservation of my bouquet after the wedding?
14. Is there an additional fee for setup and breakdown of the floral arrangements and decor?
15. Is there an additional fee to transport the arrangements from the ceremony location to the reception site?
16. When does the order need to be finalized?
17. What is your plan should you fall ill or have an emergency on the day of my event?
18. What is your cancellation policy?
REAL TALK: One thing to remember is booking the ceremony and reception venue prior to your floral consultation. This will help determine what additional floral decor will be needed to achieve your vision.