What To Ask Your Wedding Musicians
Finding the right DJ or band for your wedding can be a very specific task. They've got to understand your vision, your style and be experienced enough to keep the evening's events flowing smoothly-all while playing your ideal playlist. So whether you decide on a band or DJ, here is a list of questions to help you narrow down your search.
1. Do you have my date available?
2. How long have you been in business?
3. How many weddings do you typically do in a year?
4. What sets you apart from the competition? How would you describe your style?
5. Will you be the DJ/bandleader at my wedding? If not, can I meet the DJ/Bandleader prior to the event?
6. Are there any other additional services that you provide, such as lighting design or a photo booth?
7. Do you offer packages or is everything customized?
8. Does the package price include setup and breakdown between ceremony and reception locations?
9. What's your backup plan if there is an equipment malfunction?
10. Do you have liability insurance?
11. How much time will you need for setup, sound check and breakdown?
12. Can you act as the master of ceremonies?
13. Can you provide recommendations for the processional, first dance, etc.?
14. When do we need to submit our music requests and event details?
15. How do you handle song requests?
16. Can we submit a "Do Not Play" list?
17. What is your plan should you fall ill or have an emergency on the day of my event?
18. What is your refund/cancellation policy?