Booking A Videographer: What To Ask
Don't make the mistake of not doing your homework. Here's the one movie you are bound to watch over and over again-so let's get it right. We know that interviewing potential vendors can be awkward and time consuming, but it's a MUST! The videographer is there to capture your event from beginning to end so before you make your final decision, make sure you get an answer to each question below.
1. Do you have my date available?
2. How long have you been filming weddings? How many do you typically shoot per year?
3. How would you describe your film style; documentary, cinematic, vintage, etc.? What parts of the event will you capture?
4. Do you offer packages? If so, what is included?
5. How will you coordinate filming the event alongside the photographer? Have you ever worked with my photographer?
6. Will you be the one to film the event? If he/she is not, make sure to speak with the actual videographer.
7. What type of equipment do you use? Will you need to use additional lighting at anytime during the event? How will you handle sound?
8. Will you capture the event alone or will there be a second videographer in attendance?
9. How long after the event should I expect to receive the completed product? How long will the film be?
10. Can changes be made to the film after the first look?
11. Do we have the option to select the music for the film?
12. Is the final film delivered on a DVD, Blu-ray, USB or online?
13. What is your plan should you fall ill or have an emergency on the day of my event?
14. What is your cancellation policy?